Wednesday, February 15, 2012

-='57 Chevy LS1 Project (Started First Time with the Key)

I made some more progress on the '57 project today.  I finished installing the power steering reservoir, the intake, and connecting the starter to the rest of the electrical system. The power steering reservoir needed to be relocated due to the required space for the air intake duct.  I had to fabricate a inlet pipe for the power steering pump, and a mount for the reservoir.  Which I attacted off the drivers inner fender.  As seen in the pictures before paint.

Here is a shot, of what the air intake looks like, with the power steering reservoir relocated.  The intake duct is a factory part for a Cadillac CTS-V.  It fits really well, though I had to make a support for it which is under the duct and Mass Air Flow sensor.

Since I was able to close up the power steering, and a few of my electrical connections today I was able to temporarily connect a battery, and fire her up!  She started right up with the key no problems.  Of course it's very loud with open headers.  Here is a quick clip I took at the end of the day. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment